Monday, December 7, 2009

Time to eat

At least once a day I will eat at at a hybrid warung/restaurant.  These places offer traditional Indonesian food, with lots of great juices as well.  My meal usually costs me about 2 dollars.

At many places to eat you look at the menu and write down what you want.  Once you are finished you make eye contact with the person working there and they will come over and pick it up.  If they say "habis" it means they are out of it.


Sate Ayam at Pondok Cabe is great!




Sambal is a spicy concoction (think of it as salsa) that many people enjoy in Indo.  There are many different varieties.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of writing down you own order - paper trail. Is Sate Ayam some kind of pork? and what is that rather scary looking mass in pic #3? Count me out as far as the Sambal goes. I don't think I'd do well with Indonesian food... but the photos are captivating :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sambal looks bombing. Great shot as well. I wish you could bring some of that food back to the states!

    ReplyDelete