Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The streets of Jogja

I know back in the States you cannot text while driving.  Well, I don't think that law applies here in Indo.  I've seen people riding thier motors and texting at the same time!  I even send a brief text, but always while stopped at a light.  

Update: I just drove by a sign of a picture of someone texting on a motor bike.  I couldn't understand what it said but there was a police symbol next to it.  Hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't be texting at traffic lights after all!


Look closely and try to find the "texters"

Under the orange tarp is a little warung, where you can eat some Nasi Goreng.  They set up in the morning and take it down after dinner time.  It's like a portable fast food joint!

2 comments:

  1. Great shot of the bikes & mural. The colors on the last shot are excellent.

    The best texting-on-a-motorbike video of all time is here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klteYv1Uv9A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh - motos DO rule! that's a cool shot of them lined up at the traffic light. Love the graffiti mural and yes, I can spot at least 3 texters. Scary, but not as scary as the video Erik mentioned! Perhaps you should save texting for when you're not on the bike :-)

    ReplyDelete