Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Vespa shrine and a bridge at sunset



Yesterday I purchased the Nikon SB-600, an external flash.  I am looking to broaden my night shots with artificial light.  Particularly, using the flash to light up subjects at various angles.  Last night I practiced lighting up an old vespa that was mounted on top of some boulders.  I set up my camera for 10 to 15 second exposures.  During an exposure I went around the vespa and fired the flash several times at different angles.

Another cool feature about the SB-600 is that it can be triggered wirelessly.  The flash came with a stand, which I can use to position the flash within 33 feet of the camera.  This will be helpful for my night shots as well as portraits. 



5 comments:

  1. Love it, Teetz. Don't know if you know this website, but it's a goodie: http://www.strobist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the website, I'll check it out. Oh, and congrats on the J O B. I hear you guys will be staying there a little longer now. Right on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots - love the "rivers of light". Looks like you've got a pretty nifty flash, too. It sure made a difference in the Vespa shots. You can get fancy equipment over there? Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. H- Thanks. Yeah, I found a few decent camera shops. They are literally within 100 meters from each other on the same side of the street:-) The prices are no better or worse than in the states though. Nikon and Cannon do a good job at fixing their prices globally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess that's "Globalization" for you. Profit is the bottom line no matter where you're based. Funny that there'd be 2 camera shops so close to one another! Lucky for you, though.

    ReplyDelete