Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A vespa and a cracked filter

Last night I was shooting and I accidently knocked over my tripod while reaching for my cell phone.  When I turned my body my backpack hit the tripod. I heard the crack and immediately thought, oh crap, my camera!  luckily the lens filter took most of the impact.  The filter cracked and I am hoping that the lens is not damaged.  I could not get the filter off so today I dropped it off at a camera shop.  I hope the lens will be in working condition.  Luckily it was my least expensive lens, a Nikon 50mm f1.8, but unfortunately my fastest.  The camera body is in good condition and still working.  A local Indonesian came up to me when he saw the tripod fall and taught me the word broken, "rusak".

Before the I knocked the tripod over I was shooting a cool looking vespa at sunset.  Vespas are popular here, however, they are slowly fading out.  A friend of mine tells me that some people from Europe come down to Indo and buy used vespas, fix them up, and then sell them in Europe for a substantial profit.



I like the hood ornament, is that a jag? 


4 comments:

  1. I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful lighting... too bad about the filter. I hope the lens survived.

    And nice Jag hood ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhhh nooooo - expensive equipment rusak! I think I know what you want for Christmas :-) I didn't know there was a camera shop in Yogya - hope they can get the filter off. And I sure hope this doesn't put a stop to Indo@night. I'm loving your creative and cool photos. The Jag hood ornament in the last shot is a hoot - someone has a sense of humor! Interesting about Vespa - no wonder they're so expensive over here :-)

    ReplyDelete